Tuesday 23 October 2012

Normal Services Resumed

Happy moments in my life:
   - Lydia's birth
   - Done re-adding photos
It's time to give myself a big pat on the back and treat myself to a well-deserved beer.

I have just finished the arduous task of re-attaching photos to my old blog entries that had for some reason disappeared (see "Technical Difficulties"). I am no closer to knowing the reason why these photos had vanished, only that they did. Suddenly, and without warning.

Queue several hours worth of trawling through an unorganised external hard drive trying to relocate all my old photos and work out which one goes where in my blog back catalog. It wasn't much fun, to be honest.

To show you exactly how much effort went into this, here is a list of the blog entries that I had to sort out:

24-09-2009  Preparing for Moving Day
02-10-2009  Car Cleaning, a Farewell and a Haircut
08-10-2009  The Big Move
02-12-2009  Sixty Days in Suisse series (parts I to X)
16-03-2010  A Very Reed-Peck Christmas
28-04-2010  Finding Somewhere to Live series (parts I to III)
13-05-2010  The Job Search - Part III
23-05-2010  Buying a New Car - Part II
28-05-2010  Following FC Lausanne-Sport to the Final (parts I & II)
11-07-2010  A Quick Visit from Mum and Dad (parts I & II)
04-10-2010  12 Months Later
04-10-2010  12 Months Later - Continued

Basically, every blog in 2009 and 2010 that had photos attached. That's 24 different blog entries, with almost 100 photos. I guess I should count myself lucky that 2011 wasn't affected as well, as that would have meant twice as much work!

On the bright side, it forced me to read through my old articles from 2009 and 2010, and hence reminisce about what I've been through in the last couple of years. It also made me reflect on what my life was like before Lydia was born.

Ah, those carefree days... well, "carefree" might not be the most appropriate word to use, given all the stress and hassle I went through in moving from the UK to Switzerland, finding a job and an apartment, swapping my dodgy old Peugeot for a shiny new Mazda, moving to a new apartment and having an operation on my leg to remove a bit of bone that was growing where it shouldn't have been.

It's fair to say, it was an eventful couple of years!

Now I've got the photos back online to accompany my adventures, and hopefully give a better idea of what happened to me during this time.

With any luck, said photos will remain online. At least until Blogger decides to perform another magic disappearing act.

Here's some of my old photos, just to prove they are there:


 

  

No comments: